- 1 pair of hiking boots or footwear.
- 1 or 2 breathable, moisture-wicking tops.
- 1 breathable extra layer (i.e. a lightweight fleece or merino wool base layer)
- 1 or 2 pairs of breathable pants or shorts.
- 1 or 2 pairs of hiking socks.
- 3-4 pairs of underwear (1 pair for each day!)
- 1 hat with a brim.
- 1 rain jacket.
How heavy should a 3 day hiking pack be?
Pack Weight for Backpacking and Hiking When determining your pack weight, follow these very general guidelines: A loaded backpacking pack should not weigh more than about 20 percent of your body weight. (If you weigh 150 pounds, your pack should not exceed 30 pounds for backpacking.)
How much water do I need for 3 days of hiking?
The Quick Answer: Adults usually need 2 cups of water per hour of hiking. Children usually need 1-2 cups per hour of hiking. However, you may need more of less than this depending on whether you can filter water along the way, weather conditions, and personal thirstiness.