HipCamp. Commonly referred to as the ‘AirBnB of camping’, HipCamp is the go-to app for finding one-of-a-kind paid private campsites. With a repository of over 300,000 listings, HipCamp is as comprehensive a resource as they come. Every ‘host’ has a small bio and recommendation rating associated with them.
What is a tent only campsite?
RVs are not allowed in tent-only campsites. These sites only have space for tents and, in many cases, the parking is a short distance away from the campsite (and you’re required to camp in the campsite). You should always read the site alerts and book a site that is appropriate for the equipment you will be camping in.
What to do when staying at someone’s house?
- Make your visit short and sweet.
- Bring your own toiletries.
- Make your bed and clean up after yourself.
- Offer to help out, especially in the kitchen (unless your host objects).
- Be adaptable.
- Show that you’re enjoying yourself.
How to stay at a friends house?
- Confirm your travel dates with your host.
- If you or your children are sick, or contagious, stay home.
- Bring, and wear presentable pajamas.
- Offer to help out, especially during meal time.
- Keep the areas you are using clean and tidy.