“It’s safe to be outside if the temperature is 32°F or above,” says David A. Greuner, MD, FACS, co-founder and director of NYC Surgical. “If the temperature falls between 13°F and 31°F, you should take breaks from the cold approximately every 20 to 30 minutes.
How can I insulate cheaply?
- Cover any air leaks with weatherproofing. Use weatherproofing strips and caulking to seal any air leaks in your doors and windows.
- Add thick curtains to your windows.
- Fix drafty doors with a door snake.
- Plug your chimney when not in use.
- Seal your attic air leaks.