- Share Your Plans Before You Go. Some of these solo camping tips are very important, while others are just a matter of personal preference.
- Start Close to Home.
- Pack Light.
- Extend Your Trip.
- Prioritize Safety.
- Don’t Start Solo.
- Bring Entertainment (Other Than Electronics)
- Arrive at Your Campsite Early.
Is it a good idea to solo Camp?
As long as you are prepared, there is no reason you can’t head out and be one with nature on your own. Camping solo is one of the most wonderful experiences you can have and it will connect you with yourself and nature in ways you never thought possible.
What to do on a camping trip alone?
- Solo Camping Benefits.
- Fun Activities for Solo Camping. Make a campfire. Read in a hammock. Write in a journal. Netflix and chill. Play table games. Go fishing. Practice night photography. Bring a dog or offer to dog-sit for a friend.
- Questions about Safety and Camping Alone.
How do you sleep on a camping trip?
- Find a flat surface. There may be nothing worse at night that sleeping slightly upside down.
- Avoid disruptive noise. If you’re in a campground or camping with a group, strategize about where you’ll pitch a tent.
- White noise is plus. Sometimes you’re blessed with a brook.
- Orient yourself.
How do I have a successful first camping trip?
- Choose a spot that is isolated.
- Camp near a water source if you’re backpacking.
- Be prepared for whatever comes your way and invest in a small first aid kit.
- Bring games and mini-card games.
- Try new things as much as possible.
- Be critters-ready.